Wednesday, March 3, 2010

!March!

I have worn short sleeves for the last TWO DAYS and I'm going skiing on Friday! Gotta love Utah season transitions! I haven't seen any flowers come up yet but I am really looking forward to it. I have some pics of the first phase of wall removal but I don't have my camera with me today. I'm hoping hoping hoping that we are done with the kitchen remodel by the end of April since garden season really starts to take off after that. Here are some of the things I would like to get done this month:

Sprinklers -- Measure them (and not lose the paper like we did before) and figure out how much it will cost. Trev recently went to a sprinkler expo too so hopefully this will not be such the daunting task we have been expecting. I'm also sick of not having any grass in the back yard. White tiles, dog door, 8 paws...you get the picture.

Front yard -- Rosebushes need pruning, dead stuff needs to come out of the beds. With this warm(ish) weather I have really been dying to get out there and do it but we have been soooo busy. We have added A LOT of mulch to the beds to try and keep the weeds (mostly grass) out of them and there is really only one spot where it's coming back. Ugh and the dreaded blue flower stuff that spreads LIKE CRAZY with roots like small trees. Hopefully one truckload of new mulch will do the trick!

No comments: