Friday, February 26, 2010

Exciting stuff

I'm even wondering if I should write this down, as that might jinx it...but what the hell!? We are finally starting to tear out our McDonald's from hell kitchen! We have since painted it "Charlie Brown," yellow walls and dark brown cabinets, but it is time for Charlie to go too. Trev is supposed to tear out the wall this weekend and the electrician is coming next week to move our electrical box (currently on wall that is getting torn out) downstairs. Trevor's dad does cabinets for a living so we've picked out some really neat wood and have measurements for him to start building the boxes. The electrician will also put new lighting in the kitchen and front L-shaped room. Soon I will be able to see when I knit or read! Really exciting stuff but holy $hit! It's a leetle scary to fork out so much of our cushion but I think it will be worth it and it means we are nearly done remodeling this place. The only other projects I have in mind for the future are putting in sprinklers and painting the exterior. Trevor recently went to a sprinkler expo for work and he is feeling a lot more confident about doing the work ourselves (like how I throw myself in even though I don't know anything?). The exterior paint job is also pretty minimal since our house is brick and we only need to paint porch railing, window trim, etc. We are getting there!

No comments: