Monday, July 7, 2008

thou shalt not make noise in they own yard

So we had a BBQ last night as an end to the long weekend of BBQ's. We marinated some ribs and chicken in BBQ sauce, tons (not kidding) of garlic and rosemary from the garden. We also marinated some artichokes for a few hours in a garlic/olive oil/vinegar/rosemary/lemon marinade...YUM! The food was great, the company was great and the music was great! BUT I guess even though the "noise ordinance" doesn't go into effect until 10:00 we managed to piss off our block at 8:00. Our next door neighbor came over at 8:15 to tell us to STFU because we woke her baby up. Okay, I didn't really mind responding and telling the band to shut down because I was trying to be understanding...I don't have a baby but I guess since I live next door to one I need to act like I do??? <---Maybe that is just me being cynical but whatever. So the band quit (LAME) and about 20 minutes later the cops came! Someone called the cops at 8:00 at night!! Holy shit! Is my street full of waking babies and geriatrics? Gawd! When the cops come strolling into my backyard we are playing croquet, drinking beer, and listening to the radio on our own property. They started checking ID's and we were all of age. HAHAHA but annoying none the less. Soooo lesson learned "thou shalt not make noise in thy own backyard."

No comments: