Friday, July 18, 2008

how i spent my previous weekend...and will spend many to come

So I am long overdue to post some pictures of my house and the changes that have happened since the big purchase. I will start with a before of what the house looked like when we pulled up for the first time and knew it was "the one."



BEHOLD!







Wow, pretty scary looking huh? But be not afraid....my boyfriend is quite handy. The dude we bought the house from didn't know shit because even though all of the plants are dead, there were a lot of expensive perennials that just needed a little love and attention. Now you will see what it looked like late June, I know I know, it is in desperate need of weeding.





Ok so last weekend, I painted the back room....the purple one. Aka the office, it kind of looks like an acid trip to me with the light and dark purple combined with the peeling up shitty checkerboard floor. So Trevor and I bickered about paint. He wants the same neutral color for the office, bedroom and hall that connects them. BORING! I like color! But our house is small and I really do get my way with a lot of things so I gave it up and "vanilla cream" it is for that area of the house. Here are some before's of the office. Oh and yes, that ceiling is asbestos.





So on Friday night I started taping and applying primer to the dark purple wall and trim. Ugh having to do a coat of primer before the paint really sucks...makes the process nearly twice as long. Anyway, I did all of the trim and edging and Trevor did the rolling....I'm not quite a pro yet so he usually has to go over mine to smooth it out a lil. Looks better eh?



So now we still need to do the hall and bedroom, which I am anxious to get done so we can put in some new carpet!

We have put the majority of our effort into the backyard, but I want to wait until we are a little farther along with it to put up pictures, but the will also be here soon.

No comments: