Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring cleaning

My house needs it, my car needs it, my office needs it, and my body needs it. The house I have been working on, but the office and car should be relatively quick. A few friends of mine have been doing the master cleanse lately, with mixed results. It is the cleanse where you drink a lemonade concoction for a number of days. No solid foods, and you also drink laxative tea and do saltwater "flushes." I had decided a while ago that I wanted to try it and was bummed to hear the bad experiences. The master cleanse recommends 10 days on this regimen. 10 days!!!! No wonder everyone I know hates it. The mental challenge of 10 days with no food, let alone coffee or a beer is frightening! I am giving myself the challenge of 3 days. In my mind, I can do that and I hope I prove to myself that I can. I love food, but this isn't about starvation, it is about cleaning some junk out. I started last night and already this morning I have a yucky, bitter taste in my mouth. I want some coffee.

No comments: