Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mmm MM

I just wanted to post one of my favorite dinner recipes, happen to be making it tonight :0 I love this recipe because the prep work is easy, it doesn't have a lot of ingredients and it cooks quick.

We cook a lot of vegetarian meals even though neither of us are vegetarians. We just love veggies!!! Here is a link if you'd like to read it without my commentary http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/penne-yellow-peppers-sweet-onion-2363?click=recipe_sr

Penne with Yellow Peppers and Sweet Onion

Ingredients
* 1 package (16-ounce) penne rigate or elbow twist pasta
* Salt <---I never add salt to anything, I copied this list
* 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil (I don't usually measure)
* 2 medium yellow peppers, thinly sliced (I usually use more like 3-4, they cook down and I love leftovers)
* 1 large sweet onion, such as Walla Walla or Vidalia, thinly sliced(I use 2! and I still get a smooch later)
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper (who measures black pepper?)
* 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions

  1. In large saucepot, prepare pasta in boiling salted water as label directs.
  2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add yellow peppers, onion, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until vegetables are tender and golden, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat; stir in balsamic vinegar and chopped basil.
  3. When pasta has cooked to desired doneness, remove 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and return to saucepot. Add yellow-pepper mixture and reserved pasta cooking water; toss well.

No comments: