Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update long overdue

Wow! I have been slacking! I have been busy so I also have many excuses :p We worked with the cadavers for the first time in lab today, pretty smelly (as in formadehyde) but interesting. The bodies have been soaking for so long, their skin doesn't even really resemble a person, and all the muscles and organs are nearly the same color so it isn't at all what I was expecting. Sorry if that grossed you out.

I have been sick for the last 2-3 days with yesterday being the worst I have felt in a long time. I felt like I had the flu, it was horrible! So I left work at 12 because I just couldn't take it anymore and I really wasn't doing anything anyway. On Tuesday I did my first day of my 20 hour job shadowing assignment. I was at a care and rehabilitation center just a few blocks away from home. The commute was awesome ;) The old people were a lot of fun too! I got to observe people with broken bones, amputations, head injuries along with others too, I just can't remember right now.

I took my first anatomy midterm last Friday and will find out tomorrow how I did, I am pretty nervous! I need to get a B which means I need to average about 85 on all of my tests and I don't think the first one is going to be very good. Oh well, we will see tomorrow!

We haven't really done anything new to the house, but next on the agenda is tilling up and seeding the backyard to get it ready for some grass. Our garden is doing pretty well, we have eaten a bunch of tomoatoes, zucchini and acorn squash. The hot peppers are coming along and I have a rather large eggplant that I can't wait to eat.

I hope everyone is having a good start to Fall, it is my favorite time of year and I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: