Friday, March 20, 2009

RANT: Countrywide

We recently did an FHA streamline to get our mortgage rate down to 5.50% from 6.50% Our first mortgage was sold to Countrywide (ugh) and when we did the re-fi we were sold to Countrywide again (UGH!). The one good thing about them is that I can pay the mortgage payment online with no fee. So I got our new statement in the mail and was setting up the online payment stuff and I could not figure out how I did the 1 time payment. So I called them(3 times to get through their craptastic automated robot lady) and I can't do an online payment for April 1st. My options are pay $20 to pay by phone (!!!) or send a check. People all over the country are defaulting on their mortgages and they want to charge me 20 bucks to make AN ON TIME payment!? I have spoken with some other people and other companies charge to make any online payment, on time or not. Redonk!

/endrant

1 comment:

Kacey & Roxanna said...

That's why I leave that stuff up to Kacey. :)